Mt. Tam Physical Therapy is dedicated to providing the highest quality, customized, one-on-one care possible. Our licensed PTs and PTAs work closely alongside Mt. Tam’s physicians to develop rehabilitation guidelines and implement treatment to attain your personal goals—like restoring strength, ROM, function and beyond. Through our integrated approach and commitment, we have a proven track record of successfully helping patients.
Our physical therapists specialize in the evaluation and treatment of a diverse group of musculoskeletal conditions, including:
- Sports and athletic injuries
- Acute and chronic conditions
- Cervical and lumbar dysfunctions
- Muscle imbalances
- Arthritis/degenerative problems
- Gait Instability
Learn more about our staff below.
Mt. Tam Physical Therapy routinely accepts PT prescriptions form physicians outside of Mt. Tam Orthopedics. In addition, Mt. Tam Physical Therapy provides specialty classes and/or services that include:
- Massage Therapy: A wonderful adjunct to your physical therapy to increase relaxation, decrease muscle tightness, and help manage pain.
- Healthy Knees Program: Evaluation, education and introduction to therapeutic exercises aimed to decrease risk of injury. Group class or individual sessions.
- Healthy Joints: A small group class focused on safe exercises designed to maintain and gain function.
The doctors at Mt. Tam Orthopedics and Spine Center have financial ownership of Mt. Tam Physical Therapy.
Due to the increasing complexity of health care insurance plans and benefits, Mt. Tam Physical Therapy is NOT always contracted with the same insurance carriers as Mt. Tam Orthopedics. Please be sure to contact your insurance carrier to establish what your specific benefits are for physical therapy.
Sabrina Ames, DPT
"I love exploring the outdoors and want to make sure my patients get to do the same—that's why I am an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association and always want to learn more."
- Year-long manual therapy course (in progress)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of the Pacific
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara
Sabrina lives in Mill Valley with her husband and enjoys exercising, hiking and traveling.
Laura Winner, DPT
"As a former dancer, I understand how frustrating an injury can be and how important it is to regain mobility as soon as possible. My clinical interests include injury prevention, overall health and wellness, and helping people return to their normal activities following injury."
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California (2011)
Laura lives in Marin County with her husband and dog, and tries to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.
Brian Gee, DPT
"I firmly believe that preventing falls in the geriatric population through strengthening and balance training is essential. As a former collegiate baseball player and black belt in martial arts, I know the benefits of living an active lifestyle and maintaining that ability no matter what stage of your life you are in."
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of California, San Francisco (2013)
Brian lives in San Rafael with his wife and enjoys photography, hiking and rollerblading.
Nicholas Verville, DPT
"Growing up in Marin, I have always taken advantage of the diverse recreational lifestyle. That's why I love working with patients to regain their strength so they can enjoy everything Northern California has to offer."
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, CA
- Bachelor of Science, San Diego State University (2009)
Ken Brightman, PTA
"I have always loved outdoor activities and traveling which requires a healthy mind and healthy body. For 20 years I've taken a holistic approach to reducing pain and restoring mobility for my patients."
- AA PTA certification, De Anza College (2000)
- New England Institute of Massage (1988)
- CMT certification, Institute for Holistic studies in Santa Barbara, CA (1985)
- Affiliations include: St Mary’s Hospital, CPMC, and San Francisco General Hospital.
Ken was raised in Millis, Massachusetts and currently resides in Petaluma, CA. He enjoys outdoor activities, traveling, gardening and playing guitar.
Leslie Donohue, MPT
"As someone who appreciates dance and yoga, I know how important it is to develop customized exercise plans that help each patient regain strength and stability, so I work exclusively in the outpatient orthopedic setting."
- Year-long Maitland program in manual assessment and treatment
- Masters of Physical Therapy, University of California, San Francisco and San Francisco State University joint program (1992)
- Bachelor of Arts, San Francisco University (1988)
She also has experience treating dancers and has extensive knowledge of Yoga.
To learn more about our Orthopedic & Spinal Services, please contact us today!